Come to the Voting Rights Revival Conference!
Columbus, OH — Recent Zogby polls show that 92% of all Americans believe in full transparency for our democratic system. Since the vast majority of all Americans believe in the principles of democracy, please attend the Election Protection conference at Columbus State Community College this weekend, October 13 to 15, and learn how you can help us to defend and strengthen democracy in Ohio and nationwide. The conference is free and open to the public.
For more details, go to the Voting Rights Revival conference website.
The Voting Rights Revival Conference will be held at Columbus State Community College in Columbus, Ohio on October 13, 14 and 15, 2006.
Long lines....provisional ballots...intimidation at the polls...Don't let what happened on Election Day in 2004 happen again in Ohio!
Come to the Voting Rights Revival conference!
Become an Election Protection volunteer!
The VRRC focuses on concrete solutions that will empower Ohio voters on November 7, 2006. Free and open to the public, the VRRC will inspire and inform with renowned speakers and hands-on workshops. Workshops will cover the changes in the new laws, basic voting procedures, how to make sure your vote is counted, how to work with Boards of Elections, Election Protection videography, the voting rights of people with disabilities, and post-election audits, to name a few.
The Conference Mission Statement:
To focus on the election process in Ohio, with the goal of sharing information that enfranchises all voters in Ohio; to encourage civic participation at the local and state level, including the ongoing facilitation of emerging local and student leaders and organizers: the commencement of a public sphere.
- Steve Freeman, Penn University professor, author of "Was the 2004 Presidential Election Stolen? Exit Polls, Election Fraud, and the Official Count"
- Bob Fitrakis, author, journalist, political science professor, attorney for Moss v. Bush, co-editor "Did George W. Bush Steal America's 2004 Election? Essential Documents"
- Harvey Wasserman, author, journalist, Senior Free Press Editor, co-editor "How the GOP Stole America's 2004 Election & Is Rigging 2008"
- Cliff Arnebeck, attorney for post-2004 election challenge
- Ruth Colker, law professor, OSU Moritz College of Law
- Greg Moore, civil rights leader, director, Voting Rights Institute of the Democratic National Committee
- Doris D. "Granny D" Haddock, clean elections activist
- Voting 101 (Guaranteeing your voter registration, new ID rules, how to use voting machines)
- Disabilities and Voting
- Election Day Election Protection Activities: parallel elections, legal, video, observation
- Post-election Auditing
- "American Blackout," documentary on e-voting fraud, producer Ian Inaba Guerrilla News Network
- Eternal Vigilance
- "Help America Vote on Paper," video, produced by Ecological Options Network
- Victoria Parks, singer-songwriter "This is Our Democracy"
- Tom Neilson
- Granny D
- Connie Harris, singer-songwriter, Cultural Creatives
- Marvin the Robot
- Miaka Carter
- Mas Bagua
- Drum circle