Voting Rights Revival Conference at Columbus State Community College, Columbus, Ohio
Come to the Conference to see Victoria Parks live — performing "W Begins with Duh" and "Don't Tell Tell Me My Vote Don't Matter Anymore"
About the Event
The VRRC focuses on concrete solutions that will empower Ohio voters this November 7, 2006. Free and open to the public, the VRRC will inspire and inform with renowned speakers and hands-on workshops. Speakers include Ruth Colker, author of Everyday Law for People with Disabilities. Workshops will cover the changes in the new laws, basic voting procedures, how to make sure your vote is counted, how to work with Boards of Elections, Election Protection videography, the voting rights of people with disabilities, and post-election audits, to name a few.
Sponsors include: The Columbus State Community College Social and Behavioral Sciences Department, the Columbus Institute for Contemporary Journalism/Free Press, Ohio Honest Elections, Citizens' Alliance for Secure Elections, the League of Young Voters, and the People for the American Way Foundation. For more information, visit Free Press website.
Our Mission Statement
To focus on the election process in Ohio, with the goal of sharing information that enfranchises all voters in Ohio; to encourage civic participation at the local and state level, including the ongoing facilitation of emerging local and student leaders and organizers: the commencement of a public sphere.
- Rev. Jesse Jackson (invited)
- Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney (invited)
- Steve Freeman, Penn University professor, author of Was the 2004 Presidential Election Stolen?, will speak on Exit Polls, Election Fraud, and the Official Count"
- Bob Fitrakis, author, journalist, political science professor, attorney for Moss v. Bush, co-editor Did George W. Bush Steal America's 2004 Election? Essential Documents
- Harvey Wasserman, author, journalist, Senior Free Press Editor, co-editor How the GOP Stole America's 2004 Election and is Rigging 2008
- Cliff Arnebeck, attorney for post-2004 election challenge
- Charles Traylor (invited), radio personality, civil rights activist
- Ruth Colker, law professor, OSU Moritz College of Law
- Greg Moore (invited), civil rights leader, Director, Voting Rights Institute of the Democratic National Committee
- Matt Damschroder (invited), Director, Franklin County Board of Elections
- Ronnie Dugger, founder, Texas Observer, founder Alliance for Democracy
- Doris D. Haddock (invited), clean elections activist
- Mike Whittey (invited), United Nations NGO International Educators for World Peace
- Voting 101: guaranteeing your voter registration, new ID rules, how to use voting machines
- Disabilities and Voting
- Election Day Election Protection Activities: parallel elections, legal, video, observation
- Post-election Auditing
- More to be announced
- "American Blackout," documentary on e-voting fraud, producer Ian Inaba Guerrilla News Network
- "Help America Vote on Paper," video, produced by Ecological Options Network
- Victoria Parks, singer-songwriter "W Begins with Duh," "My Vote Don't Matter Anymore"
- Dave Lippman, singer-satirist
- Tom Neilson
- Granny D
- Connie Harris, singer-songwriter, Cultural Creatives
- Marvin the Robot
- Miaka Carter
- Mas Bagua
- Drum circle